Decoding CDR Summary Statement Format
Specific format of the nominated occupation can be downloaded from Engineers Australia website, which then needs to be filled up. It is a table format where all the competency units and elements are listed and the candidate has to mention how he/she applied that and the associated paragraph in the career episode.
If one looks at the Summary Statement format, one could easily figure out that it is divided into 3 sub-sections –
1. Knowledge and Skill Base: This Competency Unit sets the tone for the summary statement and asks the applicant to provide reference of general knowledge and skill in the engineering domain. If one looks at the different elements, one could easily gauge that broad understanding of the skills are required.
• PE 2.1 Application of established engineering methods to complex engineering problem solving.
• PE2.2 Fluent application of engineering techniques, tools and resources.
• PE2.3 Application of systematic engineering synthesis and design processes.
• PE2.4 Application of systematic approaches to the conduct and management of engineering projects
• PE2.5 EA has also clearly mentioned what all is expected in each of the above elements in MSA booklet. Therefore make sure to go through that very carefully.
3. Professional and Personal Attributes: This competency unit goes beyond the functional aspects and looks at soft aspects like communication, behavioral, social and leadership’s aspects for example ethics, team membership, creativity and team leadership etc.
If you want to understand what each element means in detail or want someone to write your CDR Summary Statement, just visit our website writemycdr.com or contact us directly at [email protected]st.com
CDR Report Summary Statement for Engineers Australia
Summary Statement further info available at WriteMyCDR helps you draw examples of each element and indicator mentioned in the EA booklet (for your occupation category) based on your Career Episodes. You can find CDR Sample online which helps you gain an improved and clearer insight into the different sections, the format and the elements of the document that must be present in the summary statement. Get a sample in your occupation category here.