Job Description for Civil Engineer (ANZSCO Code: 233211)
Civil Engineers design, plan, organize and oversee the construction of civil engineering projects such as dams, bridges, pipelines, gas and water supply schemes, sewerage systems, roads, airports and other structures; analyze the likely behavior of soil and rock when placed under pressure by proposed structures and design structural foundations; analyze the statistical properties of all types of structures and test the behavior and durability of materials used in their construction; plan and develop transportation systems; and estimate and monitor the construction costs of projects.
Job Description/ Tasks for Civil Engineers:
• Determining construction methods, materials and quality standards, and drafting and interpreting specifications, drawings, plans, construction methods and procedures
• Organizing and directing site labour and the delivery of construction materials, plant and equipment, and establishing detailed programs for the coordination of site activities
• Obtaining soil and rock samples at different depths across sites and testing samples to determine strength, compressibility and other factors that affect the behavior of soil and rock when a structure is imposed and determining the safe loading for the soil
• Studying architectural and engineering drawings and specifications to estimate total costs, and preparing detailed cost plans and estimates as tools to assist in budgetary control
• Monitoring changes to designs, assessing effects on cost, and measuring, valuing and negotiating variations to designs
• Analyzing structural systems for both static and dynamic loads
• Designing structures to ensure they do not collapse, bend, twist or vibrate in undesirable ways
• Assessing present and future travel flow patterns taking into account population increase and needs change
• Designing the physical aspects of transportation systems such as highways, railroads, urban transit, air transportation, logistical supply systems, and their terminals.
WriteMyCDR is helping engineers from all disciplines to prepare their Competency Demonstration Report (CDR). Successful CDR samples for Civil Engineers are available at a very economical price that will help as a guideline. Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) is the most critical step for getting Australian Skilled Migration and we don’t recommend you to take any risk.
For assistance related to the Competency Demonstration Report (CDR), Contact Us
firstname.lastname@example.org or http://dineshs11.sg-host.com