Engineer’s perspective to migrate Australia
To apply for skilled migration as an Engineer it is necessary that your engineering discipline should be listed in the Skilled Occupations List at the time you apply. The first step is the positive assessment of your engineering qualification from Engineers Australia. Engineers Australia assesses engineers under the following four categories;
• Professional Engineer
• Engineering Technologist
• Engineering Associate
• Engineering Manager
Academic qualification is a 4-year bachelor of engineering degree gained after 12 years of schooling or equivalent. The Professional Engineer should meet the following required tasks;
• Focuses on overall systems;
• Develops and applies new engineering practices;
• Applies leadership and management skills;
• Pursues engineering opportunities in a holistic way taking environmental, community and social issues into account;
• Solves diverse problems; and
• Professional Engineers score 60 points on the Points Test.
Academic qualification is a 3-year bachelor of engineering technology degree gained after 12 years of schooling or equivalent. The Engineering Technologist should perform the following tasks;
• Focuses on interactions within the system;
• Modifies and adapts established engineering practices;
• Advances engineering technology; and
• Engineering Technologists score 60 points on the Points Test.
Academic qualification is a 2 year diploma of engineering gained after 12 years of schooling, or equivalent. The Engineering Associate performs the following tasks;
• Focuses on specific elements of the system;
• Works within and applies established practices and procedures; and
• Engineering Associates score 40 points on the Points Test.
• Engineering associate should meet the following requirements before proceeding with your application for assessment of your qualifications:
• An appropriate academic qualification (see above);
• Engineering work experience, in accordance with the General Skilled Migration requirements;
• Certified evidence of assessment under the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent to Level 6 for each of the 4 IELTS categories; and
• Where applicable, certified evidence of registration under the relevant licensing authority in the country in which you are working.
• Engineering manager contributes to engineering business strategies and develops client relationships
• Engineering manager manages the implementation of engineering plans within the business, resources, people, suppliers, business information
• Engineering manager monitors engineering business performance
Assessment of Engineering Qualifications
There are 2 pathways to the recognition of your engineering qualifications; Washington/ Sydney/ Dublin Accord or Competency Demonstration Report (CDR).
The Washington Accord is an agreement between the engineering accreditation bodies, listed below, to recognize as substantially equivalent the professional engineering degrees delivered in those countries. The Accord applies only to accreditations conducted by the signatories within their respective national or territorial boundaries. The Australia Institution of Engineers is a signatory of the Accord. Note: The Accord only applies to professional engineering degrees accredited and delivered in the signatory countries. The Accord does not apply to; Qualifications at lower academic levels; or Postgraduate qualifications in engineering.
Your qualifications will be checked with the relevant Washington Accord accreditation body. If your qualifications are not accredited under the Washington Accord, you will be required to submit a Competency Demonstration Report.
Competency Demonstration Report (CDR)
The Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) provides you with the opportunity to establish that your engineering knowledge and competencies are equivalent to Australian standards.
WriteMyCDR can help you with writing your CDR. We offer CDR Samples for all Engineering Disciplines. If you have already prepared your CDR then our highly skilled and experienced professionals can perform a technical review of your CDR. We also prepare separate Career Episodes (CEs) and Summary Statement.For any further information, please contact us; email@example.com